The newly formed Marching Pride of Lawrence Township has combined the musical talents of Lawrence North and Lawrence Central High School marching bands. In their first year of existence they were an ISSMA State Finalist and a Bands of America Grand National Finalist.
The Lawrence Central Marching Band (the “Spirit of Central Marching Band & Guard”) is a two-time Bands of America Grand National Champion, receiving the award in 2001 and 2004. The marching band is also the 2002 BOA Grand National Runner-Up and 2008 Grand National Second Runner-Up. At BOA Grand National Finals, the marching band has won the Outstanding Visual caption award in 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2008 (tie-Avon High School). The marching band has been a consistent BOA Grand National Finalist since 1996. The marching band has also won the ISSMA State Marching Band Championship in 1997, 1998, 2000, and 2008. The marching band has also performed in multiple parades, including the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day parade in 1996 and 2002, the Hollywood Christmas Parade in 1999, the Tournament of Roses Parade in 2005, the 2006 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and the 2008 Fiesta Bowl Parade. At the 2008 Fiesta Bowl National Band Championship, the band won first place and the Grand Master Trophy. They are also the first band to win in the new Lucas Oil Stadium(Four Times) and the first to achieve a perfect score in the percussion sub-caption in 2008.
Lawrence North High School has a strong history of producing award-winning bands. Our students have brought home over 100 Gold and Silver medals annually from District and State Solo & Ensemble competitions, earned positions in All State band, orchestra and percussion ensembles, university honor bands, and participated in many community performing organizations.
- Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, MGM Studios – 2015, 2010, 2006, 1996, 1992, 1988
- Hawaiian performances, multiple islands – 2014, 2002, 1998, 1994, 1990
- New York City, Central Park Performance – 2012
- Gettysburg, Philadelphia – 2012
- Bahamas Cruise – 2010, 2000, 1996
- Bowl Games of America’s Sugar Bowl – Halftime Performance & Competition – 2008
- NCAA Final Four Basketball Band – 2006, 2000, 1991
- Bowl Games of America’s Fiesta Bowl – Festival Parade and Competition – 2003
- Indianapolis 500 Parade – 1992, 1989, 1986, 1982, 1978
- NFL Colts Football Game – 1997, 1992, 1988, 1984
- Pan-Am Games Opening Ceremonies – Featured Band- 1987
- Olympic Basketball Trials – 1984
- National Sports Festival Featured Band – 1982
- Opening Ceremony White Water Games – Color Guard Special Performance
- Opening Ceremony Bob Hope Show – Color Guard Special Performance
- Colts Cheerleader – Holiday Halftime, Color Guard Special Performance
- Indianapolis 500 Parade Race Driver’s Honor Guard – Color Guard Special Performance
- Opening Ceremony International Violin Competition – Color Guard Special Performance
- Numerous Concert & Jazz Festival trips to Midwestern Cities including:
- Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, Gatlinburg, Cincinnati & Louisville