(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Rehearsals and Performances:
- Friday, September 16 – Homecoming game at LC.
- Saturday, September 17 – Lawrence Central Marching Band Invitational
- lcpaavolunteers or text (317) 694-7674 to inform the Volunteer Coordinators whether you can do the afternoon or evening shift.
- MPLT Volunteer Information: Any LC or LN parent who volunteers for a shift at the Invitational can watch the event for free (the admission fee for the LC Invitational is $7 per person). Volunteers will be given an opportunity to watch the Marching Pride perform. Please e-mail lcpaavolunteers or text (317) 694-7674, if you can help.
- Hospitality: Thank you to all our Pride Bakers for stepping up to cover the weekend’s needs! Please bring baked goods to the Service Kitchen in the Hall of Fame (enter door 11) either on Friday night or Saturday morning & label them "for LC Hospitality".
- Canopies needed! We are requesting 2 or 3 portable canopies that LCPAA could borrow for the Invitational event on Saturday, so we can provide some cover for our hard working admissions volunteers.
- Keep checking for open spots, there are still a few openings! Follow the link to SignUp.com to browse volunteer positions. The Marching Band season really needs everyone to step up and help in some way!
Spirit Wear Orders, Photos and More:
- Across & Back show shirt orders (placed on August 22) can be picked up this week in the LC Performing Arts office, or at the end of Thursday night practice on the 15th.
- T-shirts, crewneck sweatshirts, hoodie & sweatpants orders have been filled for this show shirt order.
- Garage signs and blankets will be filled at a later time. We apologize for the delay.
- All marching band members are strongly advised to put their name in all apparel!
- The final order of MPLT Spirit Wear will be placed on 9/26/16
- Items available: Across and Back show shirts, hoodies or sweat shirts, personalized MPLT fleece blankets, personalized Garage Signs, MPLT Sweatpants.
- MPLT Photo Day will be on Thursday, September 29 at LC. Bateman Photography will be taking individual, section, group and senior photos from 4:30pm.
- Students should not go home after school. Watch for the order form and more information.
- It has been noted that some Pride to Pasadena t-shirts are defective. If you have a problem with your P2P shirt, please bring it to the Performing Arts office at LN or LC and we will get it replaced.
- Fan Club will have Poppy’s Kettle Korn for sale for $5 per bag at Thursday night practice on September 15. All proceeds will go to the MPLT Fan Club which goes right back to the students!
- Please click here to sign up for after school suppers.
- Suppers must be picked up and eaten at student’s home school at the end of the school day.
- Volunteers are needed at LN and LC to help distribute after school suppers. Contact Sue Felli at suzannefelli or 317-694-7674.
- All MPLT members and parents should sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages.
- Text @MPLTband to 81010
BOA Grand Nationals Finals Ticket Pre Order:
- judy with questions.
- The Annual MPLT Hayride is set for Thursday, October 13. Watch for information and requests for soup/chili/dessert donations on SignUp.com.
PRIDE TO PASADENA
- Thanks to successful fundraising efforts, Marching Pride families will not have to make the October or November payment for our trip to Pasadena.
- ALL marching band members need to be signed up for the trip in order to receive the trip payments from the fundraising campaign. Click here for Music Travel Consultant’s trip packet, with instructions on how to register for the trip.
Text to Donate:
- Text MPLT to 72727 or click here to donate to the Pride to Pasadena Campaign!
- Check Payments: All LC Students: make checks to LCPAA, all LN Students: make checks to LN Band. Payments can be turned in to the PA Office at either school.
- Credit Card Payments: Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments can be made at:
o LC: In the Performing Arts Office, call 964 7550.
o LN: Go to http://lnband.com/fees.php, or call the LN Performing Arts Office at 964-7951.
- Contact Kimberly Corman (LC) at kimberlycorman or Alison Goller (LN) at alisongoller with questions or to set up a financial agreement.
Mark your Calendar:
Th 9/15 Rehearsal LC 6:30pm-9:30pm
F 9/16 Football Game @ LC (Homecoming) LC 1:30pm-9:30pm
S 9/17 Rehearsal & LC Invitational LC ALL DAY
M 9/19 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 9/20 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 7:00am
Tu 9/20 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 9/20 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 8:30pm
W 9/21 No Rehearsal
Th 9/22 Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 9:30pm
F 9/23 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-7:30pm
S 9/24 Rehearsal and Avon Invitational LC All Day
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools