(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Rehearsals and Performances:
- Friday, October 7 – Senior Night Football at LN (We are the WTHR Operation Football Band of the week!)
- Students need to wear their blue Pasadena shirt.
- After the LN Senior Night football game, the rest of the MPLT season will be at LC.
- Saturday, October 15 – ISSMA Regional Competition at Center Grove. See the itinerary here.
- The Annual MPLT Hayride is set for Thursday, October 13. Buses will leave from LC after rehearsal and will return to LC at 9:30pm.
- The cost is $12, due by Friday, October 7. Download the hayride sign up form here.
- There are still MANY spots open for soup/chili/hot dogs/S’mores fixings/dessert/candy donations and volunteer help on the dedicated Hayride SignUp.com link. (Or copy and paste this link: http://signup.com/go/Yso9kF.) Thank you for your support! Let’s make this a fun night of downtime and relaxation for these hard-working students!
- Thank you to everyone who has paid their MPLT fees! However, there is still a large outstanding balance of payments that must be made. Final payments should be made by the end of this month.
- Check Payments: All LC Students: make checks to LCPAA, all LN Students: make checks to LN Band. Payments can be turned in to the PA Office at either school.
- Credit Card Payments: Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments can be made at:
- LC: In the Performing Arts Office, call 964 7550.
- LN: Go to kimberlycorman or Alison Goller (LN) at alisongoller with questions.
Orders and Purchases:
- Souvenir Pride to Pasadena Drum Head: Click here for the order form and for details on purchasing a 14” souvenir graphic drum head, manufactured by Remo. One order only, due 10/7/16.
- Pride to Pasadena T-Shirts: Several requests have been made for Pride to Pasadena shirts, so we are offering one last order.
- All orders due Friday, October 7th.
- Shirts are $10.00, make checks payable to the LT Foundation.
- If you need to replace a defective Pride to Pasadena t-shirt, please bring it to the Performing Arts office at LN or LC before October 7th, and we will order a replacement.
- MPLT Photos: You can order photos from Bateman Photography.
- All orders and money go directly to Bateman Photography.
- Download the order form here.
- BOA Grand Nationals Finals Ticket Pre Order:
- judy with questions.
- Please follow the link to Meal Plan’s SignUp.com to browse volunteer positions. Help feed our kids, they will love you for it! Thank you to ALL our awesome volunteers!
- Dine-to-Donate: Eat at Panera Bread on October 20, 2016 from 4:00pm – 8:00pm. Bring this flyer or show an electronic version when placing your order.
- Don’t miss Fan Club Family Night each Thursday evening at practice, from 8:30 – 9:30pm. Typically, practice will end with at least one full run-through. This is our opportunity to get the Marching Pride fired up for their weekend performance by cheering them on! Fan Club Family Night is also your chance to connect with other Marching Pride parents, get answers to questions or concerns, hear important announcements, pick up spirit wear and much more! We hope to see you there!
- Fan Club items available for purchase:
- Car decals with the new MPLT logo – $5
- Across and Back and Pride to Pasadena buttons – $3
- Across and Back and Pride to Pasadena magnets and key chains – $3
- The member/parent meeting for the 2016/17 Lawrence Township Winter Percussion season will be held Tuesday, October 18th from 7-8pm in the LC band room. Parents and performers will find out the season schedule, staff and show concept! All potential members and parents must be present.
USAF Band of Mid-America Concert:
- The USAF Band of Mid-America’s Concert Band will present a concert at the Lawrence Central High School Auditorium in Indianapolis, IN, on October 9, 2016, at 3:00 p.m. This is a family-friendly event for all ages that is free and open to the public.
- The Concert Band is a group of 45 professional musicians whose music inspires patriotism, connects communities with military service members and honors our country’s veterans.
PRIDE TO PASADENA
- Registration is currently closed to new participants for the Rose Parade trip to Pasadena. We are starting a waitlist in anticipation of having some spots to fill. If anyone would like to be added to the waitlist contact Music Travel & they will make sure the request is noted.
- So far, the fundraising has eliminated the last two payments of the trip, so $500 should have been credited to your marcher’s account. We are continuing to work on fundraising for the next payment of $250, but we need your help. There are "Dine to Donate" nights planned at a variety of restaurants that you can attend. We still need help following up with businesses that we have contacted in the past.
- If you have paid in full & the fundraising payments put you over the total fees due, you have options:
- You could ask to have the overpayment placed in a scholarship fund for less fortunate students working towards paying for the trip
- After the trip has occurred, if you paid for the trip with money you earned from fundraising opportunities, the overage will be placed in your child’s PA account (the money cannot be refunded in cash)
- Or, after the trip has occurred, if you have paid cash for the trip you will receive a refund of the overpayment from the Lawrence Township School Foundation, providing your quota accounts are paid in full.
- Text to Donate: Text MPLT to 72727 or click here to donate to the Pride to Pasadena Campaign!
Mark your Calendar:
Th 10/6 Rehearsal LN 6:30pm – 9:30pm
F 10/7 Rehearsal & Football Game – Senior Night LN 4:30pm-9:30pm
S 10/8 No Rehearsal
Su 10/9 Air Force Band of Mid America Concert LC 3:00pm – 5:00 pm
M 10/10 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 10/11 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 10/11 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 8:30pm
W 10/12 No Rehearsal
W 10/12 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 7:00am
Th 10/13 Rehearsal LC 10:00am – 5:00pm
Th 10/13 Hayride at Stonycreek Farms 5:30pm – 9:30pm
F 10/14 Rehearsal LC 10:00am – 5:00pm
S 10/15 Rehearsal and ISSMA Regional Contest LC/Center Grove All Day
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools