(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Rehearsals and Performances:
- Saturday, October 22 – ISSMA Semi State Competition at Ben Davis. See the itinerary here.
- Report time 6:00AM
- Saturday, October 22 Traffic at LC: LC will be hosting the ISSMA Scholastic State Finals on Saturday; traffic will be heavy and the following restrictions will apply.
- Drop off – Students will be required to park at the Northeast office complex on Caito Drive (just like the LC Invitational) and walk across the street to LC. Parents will be allowed to enter the LC parking to drop off their student. MPLT parent volunteers (meal plan, crew, chaperones, uniforms, etc) will also be required to park at the Northeast office complex.
- Pick up – Caito Drive will be extremely busy when MPLT is dismissed at approximately 4:00pm. When picking up your student, please park at the Northeast office complex and wait for your student to walk over. Please do not attempt to enter the LC parking lot or park along Caito Drive as there will be heavy bus and truck traffic.
- Thank you for your support!
- LCPAA IS STILL IN DESPERATE NEED OF VOLUNTEERS FOR ISSMA Scholastic State Finals at LC THIS SATURDAY, October 22nd.
- Shifts available from 3:30 PM until 9 PM, from 11:30 AM until 5:15 PM, and 5 PM until 9 PM.
- MPLT is performing at Ben Davis at 1:39 PM, so you could watch MPLT AND get here in time for a shift. If you have not yet had the opportunity to volunteer for LCPAA, now is the time.
- All Lawrence Central marching band parents need to volunteer for the Invitational or ISSMA Scholastic, especially those whose children are interested in participating in Winter Percussion or Winter Guard. We would be extremely grateful to any LN parents who also might be willing to help.
- Please contact Suzanne Felli at 317-694-7674
- Thank you to everyone who has paid their MPLT fees! However, there is still a large outstanding balance of payments that must be made. Final payments for MPLT should be made by the end of this month.
- Check Payments: All LC Students: make checks to LCPAA, all LN Students: make checks to LN Band. Payments can be turned in to the PA Office at either school.
- Credit Card Payments: Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments can be made at:
- LC: In the Performing Arts Office, call 964 7550.
- LN: Go to kimberlycorman or Alison Goller (LN) at alisongoller with questions.
Orders and Purchases:
- The MPLT Spirit Wear order is here: See Sue Felli at the end of practice Thursday to pick up your spirit wear items.
- Souvenir Pride to Pasadena Drum Head: A few additional drumheads have been ordered, which will be sold on a first come first served basis. Click here for the order form and for details on purchasing a 14” souvenir graphic drum head, manufactured by Remo. Return orders to Alison Goller in the LN band office.
- MPLT Photos: You can order photos from Bateman Photography.
- All orders and money go directly to Bateman Photography.
- Download the order form here.
- BOA Grand Nationals Finals Ticket Pre Order:
- judy with questions.
- Please follow the link to Meal Plan’s SignUp.com to browse volunteer positions. Help feed our kids, they will love you for it! Thank you to ALL our awesome volunteers!
- MPLT Crew Positions Still Open! Click here for more information, we need your help!
- Dine-to-Donate: Eat at Panera Bread TONIGHT, Thursday, October 20, 2016 from 4:00pm – 8:00pm. Bring this flyer or show an electronic version when placing your order.
- Attention All Parents!!! The competition season is in high gear and Fan Club needs your help to show the band how much we love them.
- We will be meeting to discuss Fan Club activities for the remainder of the season. All interested parents are invited to join us.
- Date: Thursday, October 20, 2016
- Time: 8:00pm
- Location: Inside Door 11 (Caroline V. Hannah Auditorium entrance) at LC
- Don’t miss Fan Club Family Night each Thursday evening at practice, from 8:30 – 9:30pm. Typically, practice will end with at least one full run-through. This is our opportunity to get the Marching Pride fired up for their weekend performance by cheering them on! Fan Club Family Night is also your chance to connect with other Marching Pride parents, get answers to questions or concerns, hear important announcements, pick up spirit wear and much more! We hope to see you there!
- Fan Club items available for purchase:
- Car decals with the new MPLT logo – $5
- Across and Back and Pride to Pasadena buttons – $3
- Across and Back and Pride to Pasadena magnets and key chains – $3
PRIDE TO PASADENA
- Registration is currently closed to new participants for the Rose Parade trip to Pasadena. There is a waitlist in anticipation of having some spots to fill. If anyone would like to be added to the waitlist contact Music Travel & they will make sure the request is noted.
- So far, the fundraising has eliminated the last two payments of the trip, so $500 should have been credited to your marcher’s account. We are continuing to work on fundraising for the next payment of $250, but we need your help. There are "Dine to Donate" nights planned at a variety of restaurants that you can attend. We still need help following up with businesses that we have contacted in the past.
- If you have paid in full & the fundraising payments put you over the total fees due, you have options:
- Have the overpayment placed in a scholarship fund for less fortunate students working towards paying for the trip
- After the trip has occurred, if you paid for the trip with money you earned from fundraising opportunities, the overage will be placed in your child’s PA account (the money cannot be refunded in cash)
- Or, after the trip has occurred, if you have paid cash for the trip you will receive a refund of the overpayment from the Lawrence Township School Foundation, providing your quota accounts are paid in full.
- Text to Donate: Text MPLT to 72727 or click here to donate to the Pride to Pasadena Campaign!
Mark your Calendar:
Th 10/20 Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 9:30pm
F 10/21 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm – 7:30pm
S 10/22 Rehearsal and ISSMA Semi State Contest LC/Ben Davis All Day
M 10/24 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 10/25 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
W 10/26 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Th 10/27 Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 9:30pm
F 10/28 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm – 7:30pm
S 10/29 Rehearsal and ISSMA State Final LC/Lucas Oil All Day
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools