(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Rehearsals and Performances:
- Saturday, October 29 – ISSMA State Competition at Lucas Oil Stadium. See the itinerary here.
- Report time 11:30am
- ISSMA State Finals Tickets are available from your performing arts office till Friday at noon. Sue Felli will sell tickets after rehearsal in the stadium tonight. Adults: $20, Students: $18.
- Parents are invited to join the celebration at LC after all equipment is put away. (There will be pizza and cake for the marchers first, then parents and family members afterwards.)
- Pick Up Parking Reminder! When picking up your students after rehearsals, please pull into a designated parking spot, do not park in the traffic lanes or block traffic.
- Thank you to everyone who has paid their MPLT fees! However, there is still a large outstanding balance of payments that must be made. Final payments for MPLT should be made by the end of this month.
- Check Payments: All LC Students: make checks to LCPAA, all LN Students: make checks to LN Band. Payments can be turned in to the PA Office at either school.
- Credit Card Payments: Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments can be made at:
- LC: In the Performing Arts Office, call 964 7550.
- LN: Go to kimberlycorman or Alison Goller (LN) at alisongoller with questions.
Orders and Purchases:
- MPLT Photos, Spirit Wear and Senior T-Shirt orders are here: See Sue Felli or Anne Williams at the end of practice to pick up your photo orders, spirit wear items and senior t-shirts.
- **Some of the photo orders have been incorrect. Check your order, and contact Bateman Photography directly at 317-913-9027 if there is an error. **
- MPLT Photos: You can order additional photos from Bateman Photography.
- All orders and money go directly to Bateman Photography.
- Download the order form here.
- BOA Grand Nationals Finals Ticket Pre Order:
- judy with questions.
- Souvenir Pride to Pasadena Drum Head: A few additional drumheads have been ordered, which will be sold on a first come first served basis. Click here for the order form and for details on purchasing a 14” souvenir graphic drum head, manufactured by Remo. Return orders to Alison Goller in the LN band office.
- Please follow the link to Meal Plan’s SignUp.com to browse volunteer positions. Help feed our kids, they will love you for it! Thank you to ALL our awesome volunteers!
- Dine-to Donate: Join us at Dickey’s BBQ, 8624 Pendleton Pike, Indianapolis, IN 46226, on Tuesday, November 1st, from 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Please bring this flyer, and show your MPLT spirit!
- Stop by for dinner or pick up a to-go order by ordering online through their website: asvendsen8451.
- Fan Club activities are in full swing and all parents are welcome to join in the fun! It was great to see all the parents that were able to make the Fan Club meeting on such short notice last week! If you couldn’t make it, our upcoming activities are summarized below. Feel free to forward this to any interested parents.
- Details of upcoming Fan Club Events:
- State Finals, This week:
- Section Posters – Section Parents handle these for their sections – contact Kim Earl if you have any questions (kimberlyvearl)
- *****Prior to starting work on section posters, please contact Amy Svendsen for a full roster of your section and the correct spelling of names. *****
- *****Tenor saxes and trumpets are respectfully asked to wait on section posters and section bags until section parents for bass clarinets, baritone saxes and drum majors can be found. If no parent steps forward, these sections will be folded into low reeds and trumpets. *****
- State Pennies – Wendy Manubay is heading this up (wendymanubay)
- State Socks – Contact Cindy Martens (Martenspack) if you are able to help.
- Filling Halloween Treat Bags and Preparing Stars – come to LC on Thursday night at 6:30 to help (dbsheeley; arifaharonson)
- State Finals, This week:
- BOA Super Regionals Week (Oct 31 – Nov 4)
- Halloween Treat Bags – Come to LC at 6:00 to assist in handing out Halloween Treat Bags
- Decorating Halls and Hanging Stars – Thursday, Nov 3 – We will need crews at both LN and LC starting at 7 pm
- Family Clap Out -Thursday, Nov 3, 9:30 pm – Create a tunnel from the field to the band room (we need to start building excitement for this now so we can try to get all family members to attend) to give the kids a huge boost on their last Thursday night rehearsal!
- BOA Grand Nationals Week (Nov 7 – 12)
- Decorate Band Rooms – Monday, Nov 7 – We will need crews at both schools to hang streamers and motivational signs in band rooms starting at 7 pm
- Grand Nat Posters – Add posters to both schools Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday that week
- Section Treat Bags Distributed – Nov 12 – the section parents need to have treat bags to LC before or within 10 minutes of the MPLT departure time (keep hidden from kids as much as possible to add to the excitement when they return. (Dog tags have been ordered and will be distributed to section parents upon delivery.)
- Thank you all for your support of these great MPLT kids!
- Don’t miss Fan Club Family Night each Thursday evening at practice, from 8:30 – 9:30pm. Typically, practice will end with at least one full run-through. This is our opportunity to get the Marching Pride fired up for their weekend performance by cheering them on! Fan Club Family Night is also your chance to connect with other Marching Pride parents, get answers to questions or concerns, hear important announcements, pick up spirit wear and much more! We hope to see you there!
- Fan Club items available for purchase:
- Car decals with the new MPLT logo – $5
- Across and Back and Pride to Pasadena buttons – $3
- Across and Back and Pride to Pasadena magnets and key chains – $3
- Seniors will be honored with a slideshow at the MPLT Awards Night displaying their baby pictures and senior pictures. Please email a baby picture and a senior picture to Judy Everly at judy by Friday, November 4th.
PRIDE TO PASADENA
- Registration is currently closed to new participants for the Rose Parade trip to Pasadena. There is a waitlist in anticipation of having some spots to fill. If anyone would like to be added to the waitlist contact Music Travel & they will make sure the request is noted.
- So far, the fundraising has eliminated the last two payments of the trip, so $500 should have been credited to your marcher’s account. We are continuing to work on fundraising for the next payment of $250, but we need your help. There are "Dine to Donate" nights planned at a variety of restaurants that you can attend. We still need help following up with businesses that we have contacted in the past.
- If you have paid in full & the fundraising payments put you over the total fees due, you have options:
- Have the overpayment placed in a scholarship fund for less fortunate students working towards paying for the trip
- After the trip has occurred, if you paid for the trip with money you earned from fundraising opportunities, the overage will be placed in your child’s PA account (the money cannot be refunded in cash)
- Or, after the trip has occurred, if you have paid cash for the trip you will receive a refund of the overpayment from the Lawrence Township School Foundation, providing your quota accounts are paid in full.
- Text to Donate: Text MPLT to 72727 or click here to donate to the Pride to Pasadena Campaign!
Mark your Calendar:
Th 10/27 Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 9:30pm
F 10/28 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm – 7:30pm
S 10/29 Rehearsal and ISSMA State Final LC/Lucas Oil All Day
M 10/31 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 11/1 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
W 11/2 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Th 11/3 Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 9:30pm
F 11/4 BOA Indy Super Regional Prelims LC/Lucas Oil All Day
S 11/5 BOA Indy Super Regional Finals LC/Lucas Oil All Day
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools