(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Band Camp Wrap Up:
- A Special Thanks to the Band Camp Committee who worked tirelessly to make this all happen!
- A HUGE thank you to all the volunteers who covered so many shifts; feeding, fitting, tending and generally taking care of our 180 marchers. Their efforts totaled an astonishing 900+ volunteer hours over the course of band camp!
- NOTE: MANY volunteer positions were unfilled during band camp. The Marching Band season requires everyone to step up and help, and there are MANY ways to do that. Please contact a committee chair person to see where you can help
Rehearsals and Performances:
- Our school district has a program that provides "Supper" to any students who request it for any after school activities. "Supper" consists of a protein, grain, veggie and fruit option. We are willing to organize this for any student who contacts Sue Felli by Tuesday, to order for the following week. Suppers will be available starting next week (August 7). We anticipate that many students will want to have an extra snack before starting marching band practice.
- Contact Sue Felli at suzannefelli or 317-694-7674 to sign your student up for this meal program.
- This year, students will pick up their supper directly from the cafeteria at their home school, it will not be brought to the band hallway.
Shuttle Busses & Pick Up:
- The after school shuttle bus for LN students will leave from LN door 16 at 4pm for all Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday rehearsals. Parents will always pick up from LC at the end of rehearsal – there is no return shuttle to LN. (If rehearsals are at LN, the shuttle will run from LC to LN, leaving from door 11, and students will be picked up from LN after rehearsal.)
- Please note: The Thursday and Friday shuttle this week will be late! It is the first few days of school and the shuttle has to complete a regular route before returning to take our MPLT students.
- On Thursdays, students have the option of riding their regular bus home and meeting back at LC at 6:15PM in time for the 6:30PM rehearsal, or taking the shuttle directly to LC and waiting in a supervised room for the rehearsal. Meals are the student’s responsibility.
- Please keep our students safe! When picking up your students after rehearsals, please pull into a designated parking spot before leaving your vehicle. Do not park in the traffic lanes or block traffic.
- LN Color Guard members are encouraged to be dropped off at LC for the G1 guard class. There is a shuttle bus to LN after class. Alternately, they can ride the normal shuttle from LN to LC which leaves from LN door 4 at the start of the school day.
- Information about Activity Busses will come soon.
Student Account Payments:
- Please keep up to date on your payment plans!
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA): or kimberlycorman or 317 964 7550
- LN: Alison Goller alisongoller or 317 964 7951
- All MPLT members must sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages. It is highly recommended that parents also sign up.
- Text @MPLTband to 81010
- All MPLT apparel orders will be placed online this year. The second order will be placed August 8th.
Fan Club & Fundraising:
- Professional Automotive Inc. Coupon Cards: We can keep selling these cards!
- jjbean3030 or (317) 999-7706. Jen will be available at Fan Club nights, every Thursday evening rehearsal. Cards can also be purchased from the performing arts office at either school.
- Color Run: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township is hosting a My School Color Run on August 19, 2017 at Lawrence Park. Save the date! This is a FUN run. Times don’t matter, but how much color you can accumulate does!
- ALL funds pledged to your student will be applied to your student account balance!
- Color Run Volunteer link – http://signup.com/go/YjtQnRu Help is needed with parking, registration, and generally assisting runners before, during and after the race.
- Online registration is available for the general public. OR: A PDF version of the registration form can be used for the general public to participate.
- The Student Pledge Form can be found here. Pledge money can be turned in to the performing arts assistant at either school for safekeeping.
- Please share this advertising flyer and help build this event!
- Join our Facebook Color Run event page.
- Fan Club: Thursday evening rehearsals are Fan Club Nights. Parents are encouraged to come and watch the band’s progress and catch up with fellow parents. Rehearsals will continue to be in the practice lot until the stadium opens.
- More volunteers are always needed from both schools for all events and committees. How can you get involved?
- Click here for information regarding jjbean3030 or Bob Gardner rhjgardner with your questions and availability.
Save the Dates:
Day Date Event Location Time
M 7/31 Rehearsal LC 7am-9:30pm
Tu 8/1 Rehearsal LC 7am-9:30pm
W 8/2 No Rehearsal
Th 8/3 School Starts/Regular Season Rehearsal LC 6:30-9:30pm
Fr 8/4 Rehearsal LC 4:30-7:30pm
Sa 8/5 Rehearsal LC 10am-5pm
M 8/7 Rehearsal LC 4:30-6:30pm
Tu 8/8 Rehearsal LC 4:30-6:30pm
W 8/9 No Rehearsal
Th 8/10 Rehearsal LC 6:30-9:30pm
F 8/11 Rehearsal LC 4:30-7:30pm
Sa 8/12 Rehearsal LC 10am-5pm
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools