(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Rehearsals and Performances:
- Friday, 9/8/17 Rehearsal and Football halftime show at LC – Itinerary will be posted.
- Saturday 9/9/17 rehearsal time changed to 10:00am – 2:00pm. Lunch will be at noon.
- Saturday 9/16/17 rehearsal and Lawrence Central Invitational – ALL DAY.
- There was a printing error on the red What’s in a Name show shirts in the last apparel order. These items are being re-ordered. All MPLT (non-show-shirt) apparel will be available for pick-up at LC – contact Sue Felli at suzannefelli.
- Place your MPLT apparel orders online. The third and final order will be placed on September 26th.
- Chaperones: Any parent who would like to chaperone for the 2017 marching band season will need to attend ONE mandatory meeting. Dates are:
- Thursday, September 7, 7:30 pm or Saturday, September 9, 10:00 am
- Meetings will begin in the Hall of Fame inside door 11 at LC and move to another location in the building if needed. Please be on time!
- If you would like to volunteer to chaperone, but cannot attend one of the meetings, you must contact Amy Svendsen (317-294-6559) or Kaye Schoenling (317-709-0039) before September 11 in order to receive information about how to apply. Late applications will not be accepted due to scheduling considerations.
- Uniforms: The uniform committee needs at least 3 parents to sign up per show for uniform prep, final check of dressed marchers, getting hair up in shakos, and checking everyone back in after shows.
- Also needed: 3 parents per show to commit to taking home unitards for washing and returning them to uniform room / mom.
- Please contact Dawn Schuchman at dschuchman if you can help.
- More volunteers are always needed from both schools for all events and committees. How can you get involved?
- Click here for information regarding jjbean3030 or Bob Gardner rhjgardner with your questions and availability.
- The SignUp for Meal Plan has been updated for September and October. Please note that all meals are subject to change as itineraries become available.
- Click here for the lynnh3545.
- This week’s meal is Sloppy Joes and corn on the cob (Thanks My Dad’s Corn!!), there will be a vegetarian option.
- Help is needed shucking corn and halving ears on Thursday night. (Bring your favorite tools!) Contact Lynn Hardman with questions.
Fan Club & Fundraising:
- Fan Club: Thursday evening rehearsals are Fan Club Nights. Parents are encouraged to come and watch the band’s progress and catch up with fellow parents. Rehearsals will continue to be in the practice lot until the stadium opens.
- MPLT Window Clings: Car window clings are available for sale for $5.
- O’Charley’s Fan Club Events: Eat at O’Charley’s (75th and Shadeland) on football performance or competition days, wear your What’s in a Name show shirt, and you’ll receive 10% off your meal!
- Purchase O’Charley’s ScripNow before you go, and add the 13% rebate to your student account!!
- Contact your school’s Scrip coordinator for more details!
- Hayride: Save the date! The annual MPLT Hayride will be on October 11, at Stonycreek Farm in Noblesville after rehearsal.
Lawrence Central Marching Band Invitational:
- Saturday, 9/16/17
- This is a contest/fundraiser that provides a performance opportunity for the participating bands and a venue for our band to put on an exhibition of their show, giving them a full dress rehearsal with audience exposure and judges critique.
- LC Volunteer Information: You should have been contacted about your volunteer shift for the Invitational (this does not apply to LN). We need all LC marching band parents to volunteer for a successful event. Please e-mail lcpaavolunteers or text (317) 694-7674 to inform the Volunteer Coordinators whether you can do the afternoon or evening shift. This is one of our department’s largest fundraisers and helps to fund marching band, winter percussion & winter guard, as well as other LCPAA performing arts.
- MPLT Volunteer Information: Any LC or LN parent who volunteers for a shift at the Invitational can watch the event for free (the admission fee for the LC Invitational is $7 per person). Volunteers will be able to watch the Marching Pride perform. Please e-mail lcpaavolunteers or text (317) 694-7674, if you can help.
- Hospitality: We need 20 dozen home baked cookies, bars, or desserts to serve to the judges, directors and other guests of our event. Our Invitational is highly regarded for the quality of the meals we offer and especially the delicious desserts. Please sign up here: 2017 MPLT Meal Plan and More, to bake for the LC Invitational.
- MPLT Photos will be taken on Thursday, September 28. More information and the order form will be forwarded soon.
- Activity buses operate Monday through Thursday leaving at 7pm from LC door 11 (and LN door 4 when rehearsal is there). MPLT students will be able to ride after Monday and Tuesday rehearsals.
- You must complete this short survey to be placed on the Activity Bus roster.
Student Account Payments:
- Outstanding balances should be no more than $200 (after August payment), unless specified in your payment plan.
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA): or kimberlycorman or 317 964 7550
- LN: Alison Goller alisongoller or 317 964 7951
Senior Exploration Day:
- Seniors are encouraged to participate in Senior Exploration Day on Wednesday, October 25th, however, they are expected to be at rehearsal that afternoon.
Save the Dates:
Day Date Event Location Time
Tu 9/5 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 7:00-8:50am
Tu 9/5 Rehearsal LC 4:30-6:30pm
W 9/6 No Rehearsal
Th 9/7 MPLT Chaperone Meeting LC 7:30-8:30pm
Th 9/7 Rehearsal LC 6:30-9:30pm
F 9/8 Rehearsal LC 4:30-5:15pm
F 9/8 Football LC 6:15-9:30pm
Sa 9/9 MPLT Chaperone Meeting LC 10:00-11:00am
Sa 9/9 Rehearsal LC 10:00-2:00pm
M 9/11 Rehearsal LC 4:30-6:30pm
M 9/11 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 6:30-8:30pm
Tu 9/12 Rehearsal LC 4:30-6:30pm
W 9/13 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 7:00-8:50am
W 9/13 No Rehearsal
Th 9/14 Rehearsal LC 6:30-9:30pm
Fr 9/15 Rehearsal LC 4:30-7:30pm
Sa 9/16 Rehearsal and LC Invitational LC ALL DAY9
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools