(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Rehearsals and Performances:
- Saturday 9/16/17 rehearsal and Lawrence Central Invitational – ALL DAY.
- Important parking information for LC Invitational:
- ALL Parking will be off campus for MPLT members, either Northeast Office Complex off Caito Dr. or at Belzer Middle School. (Do not park at the Options Treatment Center or your vehicle will be towed!)
- Students who leave campus after rehearsal need to return in time for for dinner. The streets and parking lots be very full and congested. Please allow extra time so that you report to dinner on time!
- LC students will stay after the contest ends to assist with cleanup of the entire campus.
- Any students planning to stay on campus for the day (after rehearsal) must be wearing their What’s in a Name shirt to identify them as an MPLT member, and for free admission into the stadium.
- No students will be allowed to hang out in the band room or the building until we begin the dinner and uniform change process. The only exception to this will be students that are under the direct supervision of an MPLT staff member or director.
Lawrence Central Marching Band Invitational:
- Saturday, 9/16/17
- This is a contest/fundraiser that provides a performance opportunity for the participating bands and a venue for our band to put on an exhibition of their show, giving them a full dress rehearsal with audience exposure and judges critique.
- LC Volunteer Information: All LC volunteers should receive a postcard with details about their volunteering assignment through e-mail. If you have any questions, please contact Sue Felli at 317-694-7674 or lcpaavolunteers (this does not apply to LN parents). We need all LC marching band parents to volunteer for a successful event.
- This is one LCPAA’s largest fundraisers and helps to fund marching band, winter percussion & winter guard, as well as other LCPAA performing arts.
- MPLT Volunteer Information: Any LC or LN parent who volunteers for a shift at the Invitational can watch the event for free (the admission fee for the LC Invitational is $7 per person). Volunteers will be able to watch the Marching Pride perform. Please e-mail lcpaavolunteers or text (317) 694-7674, if you can help.
- Hospitality: We still need 13 dozen home baked cookies, bars, or desserts to serve to the judges, directors and other guests of our event. Our Invitational is highly regarded for the quality of the meals we offer and especially the delicious desserts. Please sign up here: 2017 MPLT Meal Plan and More, to bake for the LC Invitational.
- The SignUp for Meal Plan has been updated. Please note that all meals are subject to change as itineraries become available.
- Click here for the lynnh3545.
- This week’s meal is Jet’s Pizza, salad, fruit and Pride Baker’s treat.
- If you would like to volunteer to chaperone, but could not attend one of the meetings, you must contact Amy Svendsen (317-294-6559) or Kaye Schoenling (317-709-0039) before September 11 in order to receive information about how to apply. Late applications will not be accepted due to scheduling considerations.
- Uniforms: Please go to MPLT Uniform Volunteers 2017 at http://signup.com/go/NeVHbfx to sign up to help with uniform needs throughout the season.
- 9 parents needed per performance for uniform prep, final check of dressed marchers, getting hair up in shakos, and checking everyone back in after shows.
- 6 parents per performance to commit to taking home unitards for washing and returning them to uniform room / mom.
- Please contact Dawn Schuchman at dschuchman with questions.
- More volunteers are always needed from both schools for all events and committees. How can you get involved?
- Click here for information regarding jjbean3030 or Bob Gardner rhjgardner with your questions and availability.
- All apparel is now available for pick-up at LC – contact Sue Felli at suzannefelli.
- All MPLT apparel orders are being placed online this year. All orders must be placed before midnight on Sunday, September 24th. This is the final order!
- MPLT Photos will be taken on Thursday, September 28. More information and the order form will be forwarded soon.
Fan Club & Fundraising:
- Fan Club: Thursday evening rehearsals are Fan Club Nights. Parents are encouraged to come and watch the band’s progress and catch up with fellow parents. Rehearsals will continue to be in the practice lot until the stadium opens.
- MPLT Window Clings: Car window clings are available for sale for $5.
- O’Charley’s Fan Club Events: Eat at O’Charley’s (75th and Shadeland) on football performance or competition days, and wear your What’s in a Name show shirt, and you’ll receive 10% off your meal!
- Purchase O’Charley’s ScripNow before you go, and add the 13% rebate to your student account!!
- Contact your school’s Scrip coordinator for more details!
- Hayride: Save the date! The annual MPLT Hayride will be on October 11, at Stonycreek Farm in Noblesville after rehearsal. Watch for information and requests for soup/chili/dessert donations on SignUp.com.
- Activity buses operate Monday through Thursday leaving at 7pm from LC door 11 (and LN door 4 when rehearsal is there). MPLT students will be able to ride after Monday and Tuesday rehearsals.
- You must complete this short survey to be placed on the Activity Bus roster.
Student Account Payments:
- Outstanding balances should be no more than $200 (after August payment), unless specified in your payment plan.
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA): or kimberlycorman or 317 964 7550
- LN: Alison Goller alisongoller or 317 964 7951
Senior Exploration Day:
- Seniors are encouraged to participate in Senior Exploration Day on Wednesday, October 25th, however, they are expected to be at rehearsal that afternoon.
Save the Dates:
Day Date Event Location Time
M 9/11 Rehearsal LC 4:30-6:30pm
M 9/11 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 6:30-8:30pm
Tu 9/12 Rehearsal LC 4:30-6:30pm
W 9/13 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 7:00-8:50am
W 9/13 No Rehearsal
Th 9/14 Rehearsal LC 6:30-9:30pm
Fr 9/15 Rehearsal LC 4:30-7:30pm
Sa 9/16 Rehearsal and LC Invitational LC ALL DAY
M 9/18 Rehearsal LC 4:30-6:30pm
Tu 9/19 Rehearsal LC 4:30-6:30pm
W 9/20 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 7:00-8:50am
W 9/20 No Rehearsal
Th 9/21 Rehearsal LC 6:30-9:30pm
F 9/22 Rehearsal LC 4:30-5:15pm
F 9/22 Football – LC Homecoming LC 6:15-9:30pm
Sa 9/23 Rehearsal and Avon Invitational LC ALL DAY
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools