(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
MPLT Newsletter 6/19/18
2 – 9 Rehearsals and Forms:
- 2 – 9 Rehearsals start tomorrow, June 20th at LN
- Is your jkedanis) or Susan Sanders (susansanders914) to sign up.
Drum Corps International Field Trip:
- Please note that rehearsal will start at 10am on Friday, June 29th, due to the DCI Field Trip that evening. A detailed trip itinerary will be available soon.
- Students are asked to wear an MPLT shirt to the DCI show. This can be a past show shirt, Pasadena shirt, spirit wear, or rookie camp shirt.
- You will need to bring LUNCH AND DINNER for rehearsal meals
- If you plan to purchase optional souvenirs or concessions, you will need to bring extra money
- Chaperones are needed! If you have a background check on file from last school year, and chaperoned for Tag Day, LTWG or LTWP, please contact Amy Svendsen at email@example.com or 317-294-6559.
- All MPLT volunteers are required to have a background check completed annually. Please turn completed forms into your school’s Performing Arts office as soon as possible.
- All MPLT members must sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages. It is highly recommended that parents also sign up.
- Text @MPLTband to 81010
Steering Committee Meeting:
- The next Steering Committee Meeting will be held at LN this Thursday, June 21st at 7pm, in the orchestra room. All MPLT parents are welcome!
Mandatory Parent Meeting:
- There is a Mandatory Parent Meeting for all MPLT parents at LN on Wednesday, June 27th from 7pm – 8:30pm
- The meeting will start with general MPLT information for ALL parents, then there will be breakout groups for LN and LC specific information.
- Tag Day: MPLT Tag Day will take place on Saturday, June 30th, from 8am – 4pm.
- MPLT performers will visit local businesses and request donations from their customers, who will then receive a “tag” (a Marching Pride sticker) as a thank-you. Some marchers will act as traveling musicians to help “drum up” business!
- Color Dash Fund Run: Registration is now open for the 2nd annual MPLT Color Run, to be held at Lawrence Park on August 18, 2018
- All LN & LC Performing Arts students are eligible to participate for a $12 discounted registration fee. The registration fee includes an event t-shirt, race bib, and color packet for the participant. All Performing Arts students who wish to participate must fill out the attached paper registration form; do not register online, or you will not receive the discounted registration rate.
- LN & LC Performing Arts students who participate in the Color Run are also eligible to participate in the fundraiser. 100% of donations collected by each participating student will be credited towards their student account.
- This is a community event, and we encourage family members to register for the race and join in on the fun! Click here to access the event registration page.
Student Account Payments:
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA): or suzannefelli or 317-964-7550
- LN: Jen Jansen jenniferjansen or 317-964-7951
Summer Financial Assistance Scholarship:
- Families in need of financial assistance are encouraged to complete the MPLT Summer Financial Assistance form.
- Financial assistance forms should be submitted to your school’s Performing Arts office by Wednesday, June 27th at 9 PM. Financial assistance forms will not be accepted until either the student has paid their initial $200 deposit, or until a payment plan has been signed for the 2018 – 2019 school year.
- LN/FCV students should contact Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen to set up a payment plan; LC/FCV students should contact Sue Felli at suzannefelli to set up a payment plan.
- Volunteers are always needed from both schools for all MPLT events and committees. How can you get involved?
- Complete the “Marching Pride Volunteer Opportunities” section of the Online Registration Form, and let Committee Chairs know what you’d like to help with, or are interested in learning more about
- Join us at a Steering Committee Meeting, or talk to any of the parent volunteers at the Mandatory Parent Meeting
Parent Preview Night:
- MPLT Parent Preview Night will be on Saturday, July 28th, from 5pm – 8pm
- This year’s dinner will be catered by Jug’s Catering. The Presale Dinner Reservation form is available in your school’s Performing Arts office; please return your completed form and payment no later than July 24, 2018.
Save the Dates
Day Date Event Location Time
W 6/20 Rehearsal LN 2pm – 9pm
Th 6/21 Rehearsal LN 2pm – 9pm
Th 6/21 Steering Committee Meeting LN 7pm
F 6/22 Rehearsal LN 2pm – 9pm
M-Th 6/25-6/28 Rehearsal LN 2pm – 9pm
W 6/27 Mandatory Parent Meeting LN 7pm
F 6/29 Rehearsal LN 10am – 4pm
F 6/29 Drum Corps Evening Field Trip Muncie 5pm – 11pm
Sa 6/30 Tag Day Community 8am – 4pm
M 7/2 Rehearsal LN 2pm – 9pm
T 7/3 Rehearsal LN 2pm – 9pm
W 7/4 Lawrence July 4th Parade LC 10am – 12pm
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools