(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
- DEADLINE EXTENDED THROUGH TOMORROW NIGHT!
- T & T has reopened the apparel website until tomorrow night for the second order to be placed. Now is the time to purchase sweatshirts, sweatpants, hats, etc.
- Apparel orders from the 2nd order are available for pick-up at the LC Performing Arts office during the day, and at the end of rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- A note from Color Run Committee Chair, Beth Sheeley:
Thank you for all the wonderful volunteers that helped make the Color Splash Fund Run a success. It was wonderful to see all the kids having such a good time.
– Beth Sheeley
- A reminder to all performing arts students: Pledges should be turned in as soon as possible to your school’s performing arts office. Please make sure that payments are marked with the student’s name so that their account can be credited.
Professional Automotive Fundraiser:
- This year’s Professional Automotive fundraiser is officially underway! Your student should have brought home a packet that includes an information sheet on the fundraiser, and an envelope to track donations. If your student did not receive this packet, extras are available in the LC and LN Performing Arts offices.
- All MPLT students are encouraged to participate in this year’s Professional Automotive Fundraiser; 100% of proceeds will go to the student’s account!
- Our school district has a program that provides dinner for students participating in after school activities. Dinner consists of a protein, grain, veggie, and fruit option. Families must sign up for this program for their student to participate.
- Students who wish to participate in this program need to contact Mrs. Felli in the LC Performing Arts office.
- Note: It takes approximately 1 week for a student to be added to the dinner program after they have signed up. Please let us know if you’d like to participate as soon as possible!
- The after school shuttle bus for LN students will leave from LN door 11 at 4pm for all after school rehearsals; busses will no longer pick up students outside of door 16
- Parents will always pick up from LC at the end of rehearsal – there is no return shuttle to LN.
- If rehearsals are at LN, the shuttle bus for LC students will leave from LC door 11 at 4pm
- There is no shuttle bus back to LC after rehearsal – Parents need to pick up students from LN
- On Thursdays, students have the option of riding their regular bus home and meeting back at LC at 6:15PM in time for the 6:30PM rehearsal, or taking the shuttle directly to LC and waiting in a supervised room for the rehearsal. Meals are the student’s responsibility.
Pick Up/Drop Off Procedures:
- Please keep our students safe! When picking up your students after rehearsals, please pull into a designated parking spot. Do not park in the traffic lanes or block traffic.
- LN Color Guard members are encouraged to be dropped off at LC for the G1 guard class. There is a shuttle bus to LN after class. Alternately, they can ride the normal shuttle from LN to LC which leaves from LN door 4 at the start of the school day.
- Come join us at MPLT Fan Club nights, every Thursday from 8:30pm – 9:30pm throughout the season!
- Families are encouraged to come and watch the band rehearse in the LC stadium. This is a great way to meet other families and see firsthand just how hard our students work!
- Please note that should the weather turn severe (i.e. heavy rainfall, lightening, etc.), the marching band will be moved indoors for rehearsal. If this occurs, there will not be a Remind notice sent cancelling Fan Club night.
- More volunteers are always needed from both schools for all events and committees throughout the season. How can you get involved?
- courtclardy or Sue Felli at suzannefelli with your questions and availability.
- All adults over the age of 18 must submit a Volunteer Background Check Form to their home school’s Performing Arts office
- MPLT Alumni are always encouraged to come back and help out during the season!
- Alumni should download the background check form specific to the school they graduated from.
Student Account Payments:
- There are 3 more installments left in the MPLT minimum payment plan schedule:
- $100 paid by Friday, August 31st, 2018
- $100 paid by Monday, September 30th, 2018
- $100 paid by Wednesday, October 31st, 2018
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA) or suzannefelli or (317) 964-7550
- LN: Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen or (317) 964-7951
- All MPLT members are required to sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages. It is highly recommended that parents also sign up; this is the quickest way to receive timely updates!
- To sign up, text @MPLTband to 81010
- To sign up for the Leadership Remind, text @MPLTS to 81010
Save the Dates:
|Sat.||8/25||MPLT Rehearsal||LC||10a – 5p|
|Fri.||8/31||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LC vs. LN Football Game||LC||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Sat.||9/1||No Rehearsal – Labor Day Weekend||–||–|
|Mon.||9/3||No Rehearsal – Labor Day||–||–|
|Fri.||9/7||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LN Homecoming||LN||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Sat.||9/8||MPLT Rehearsal||LC||10a – 5p|
|Fri.||9/14||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LC Homecoming||LC||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Sat.||9/15||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: LC Invitational||LC||ALL DAY|
|Sat.||9/22||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: Avon Invitational||Avon High School||ALL DAY|
|Fri.||9/28||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LC Senior Night||LC||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Sat.||9/29||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: Ben Davis Invitational||Ben Davis HS||ALL DAY|
Regular Season Rehearsal Schedule:
|Monday||4:30p – 6:30p (Band); 6:30p – 8:30p (Guard)|
|Tuesday||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Wednesday (10/17 – 11/7)||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Thursday||6:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Game Days)||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Non-Game Days)||4:30p – 7:30p|
|Saturday (Rehearsal Days)||10a – 5p|
|Saturday (Competition Days)||All-Day (TBA)|
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools