(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
LN Senior Night:
- MPLT will perform at halftime for the LN Senior Night football game this Friday, October 5th
- All Lawrence North MPLT Seniors and Senior parents will be recognized in a pre-game ceremony
- Seniors should report with their parents to the east end of the track by 6:30 pm; the ceremony will begin at 6:45 pm
- MPLT will perform in the ISSMA Open Class A South Regional at 5:30 pm on Saturday, October 13th, at Center Grove High School
- Students are to report to LC for rehearsal at 7:45 am; eat breakfast before arriving, rehearsal begins at 8:00 am!
- Click here for the detailed schedule
- Rehearsals remain at Lawrence North through Friday, October 5th
- Reminder: There are no rehearsals from October 6th – 9th to give our students and staff time off for Fall Break
- Rehearsals will resume at LC on Wednesday, October 10th
- Rehearsals are 10:00 am – 5:00 pm from October 10th through October 12th
- We will resume our regular after-school rehearsal schedule starting Monday, October 15th
- There will be Wednesday rehearsals 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm, from October 17th – November 7th
- Rehearsal will be held at Lawrence North on Saturday, October 20th
- This year’s Hayride will be on Wednesday, October 10th, after rehearsal.
- Students will travel by bus to Stoneycreek Farm, and return to LC at approximately 9:30 pm
- Hayride forms will be passed out to students this week. For more information, visit the MPLT forms page.
- Please complete and return the form with payment to your student’s Performing Arts office by Friday, October 5th
- Click here to sign up and make a donation or to join us as a volunteer for this year’s Hayride!
PASIC Field Trip:
- Percussionists from LN and LC will take a field trip to the Percussive Arts Society International Convention on Thursday, November 15, 2018.
- Permission slips have been sent home with all percussionists, and should be turned in with payment no later than Friday, October 5, 2018.
Lost & Found
- Has your student come home with less clothes than you sent them to school with? If so, it could be in the LC Band Room Lost & Found!
- All items not picked up by Friday, October 12th will be donated to Goodwill, so please remind your student to look for any items that they may have misplaced!
Winter Percussion Show Reveal:
- The 2019 LT Winter Percussion show will be revealed on October 17th at 7:00 pm (after MPLT Rehearsal)
- Interested students AND their parents should plan to attend this informative meeting
- The final deadline to order apparel has passed.
- Those who ordered merchandise that did not meet the minimum order requirements will receive a full refund for any items not ordered.
- Watch future newsletters for notification as to when the final order will be available for pickup at LC
Professional Automotive Fundraiser:
- Time is running out to participate in this year’s Professional Automotive fundraiser!
- Extra information packets and envelopes are available in the LC and LN Performing Arts offices.
- Email Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen with questions
Senior Exploration Day:
- Seniors at LC and LN will be excused from classes on Wednesday, October 24th for Senior Exploration Day, a day designed for Seniors to visit colleges or job-shadow a potential career choice.
- MPLT Seniors are encouraged to take part in Senior Exploration Day, but are expected to be at rehearsal from 4:30pm – 6:30pm that afternoon. Please plan your day accordingly.
Student Account Payments:
- There are 2 more installments left in the MPLT minimum payment plan schedule:
- $100 paid by Monday, September 30th, 2018
- $100 paid by Wednesday, October 31st, 2018
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA) or suzannefelli or (317) 964-7550
- LN: Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen or (317) 964-7951
- Football and Competition Season is upon us, and MPLT needs your help now more than ever!
- Volunteers are needed to assist with Meal Plan, Uniforms, Pride Bakers, and special events such as the annual Hayride and Halloween goodie bags.
- This is a great way to be part of your child’s life in a way that they will forever cherish. (Don’t let them fool you: they totally love it when you are involved.)
- More positions will be added as the season progresses, so keep an eye out for ways that you can help!
- Click here for information on MPLT volunteer opportunities
Signing up to volunteer is easy! Click here to get started: http://signup.com/go/gWgyVHy
- Come join us at MPLT Fan Club nights, every Thursday from 8:30pm – 9:30pm throughout the season!
- Families are encouraged to come and watch the band rehearse in the LC stadium. This is a great way to meet other families and see firsthand just how hard our students work!
- Please note that should the weather turn severe (i.e. heavy rainfall, lightening, etc.), the marching band will be moved indoors for rehearsal. If this occurs, there will not be a Remind notice sent cancelling Fan Club night.
Save the Dates:
|Tue.||10/2||MPLT Side-by-Side with BMS & FCV||LN||7p – 9p|
|Fri.||10/5||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LN Senior Night||LN||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Wed.||10/10||MPLT Hayride||Stonycreek Farm||6p – 11p|
|Sat.||10/13||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: ISSMA Regional||Center Grove HS||ALL DAY|
|Fri./Sat.||10/19 – 10/20||MPLT Contest: BOA Indy Super Regionals||Lucas Oil Stadium||TBD|
|Sat.||10/27||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: ISSMA Semi-State||Ben Davis HS||ALL DAY|
|Sat.||11/3||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: ISSMA State||Lucas Oil Stadium||ALL DAY|
|Thu. – Sat.||11/8 – 11/10||MPLT Contest: BOA Grand Nationals||Lucas Oil Stadium||TBD|
|Tue.||11/13||MPLT Awards Celebration||LN||TBD|
Regular Season Rehearsal Schedule:
|Monday||4:30p – 6:30p (Band); 6:30p – 8:30p (Guard)|
|Tuesday||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Wednesday (10/17 – 11/7)||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Thursday||6:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Game Days)||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Non-Game Days)||4:30p – 7:30p|
|Saturday (Rehearsal Days)||10a – 5p|
|Saturday (Competition Days)||All-Day (TBA)|
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools