(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Band Camp Wrap Up:
- THANK YOU to the Band Camp Committee, and to everyone who stepped up and volunteered at this year’s Band Camp!
- A huge thank you as well to all those who volunteered extra shifts, stayed past their shift to cover an area in need, or jumped in whenever and wherever they saw the need for help. Many of these volunteers worked nearly every day of Band Camp, some putting in nearly as many hours as the kids!
- There were a great deal of volunteer shifts that remained unfilled throughout Band Camp this year. A successful MPLT season requires all families to step up and help, and there are many different ways that you can help our program!
Dine to Donate:
- Dine out at Panera Bread tomorrow, August 2, 2018, from 4pm – 8pm and help support MPLT!
- MPLT will receive 20% of all sales when the attached flyer is presented (printed or electronic versions accepted)
- Prefer to stay at home? Delivery and carry-out orders count too! Order online and enter “FUND” as your Promo Code
- This offer is only valid at the Panera Bread located at 9145 E. 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46216
- Scrip Bonus: Panera Bread is offering a 10% rebate bonus on all Scrip orders right now!
- Order through ScripNow for tomorrow night’s Dine to Donate, and help earn money towards your student’s band account while earning money for MPLT!
- Contact your school’s Scrip Coordinator for more information, or to sign up.
- LC families: Contact Angela James-Harrington at SCRIP
- LN families: Contact Kaye Schoenling at kschoenl
- Our school district has a program that provides dinner for students participating in after school activities. Dinner consists of a protein, grain, veggie and fruit option. Families must sign up for this program for their student to participate. We are willing to organize this for any student who contacts Sue Felli by Tuesday, to order for the following week. Dinners will be available starting next week (August 7). We anticipate that many students will want to have an extra snack before starting marching band practice.
- Students who wish to participate in this program need to reply with a “thumbs up” to the remind message sent out by Ms. Trapani earlier today.
- Students will pick up their meals directly from their home school cafeteria immediately after the bell rings, before they get on the shuttle.
Shuttle Busses :
- The after school shuttle bus for LN students will leave from LN door 16 at 4pm for all after school rehearsals.
- Parents will always pick up from LC at the end of rehearsal – there is no return shuttle to LN.
- If rehearsals are at LN, the shuttle bus for LC students will leave from LC door 11 at 4pm
- There is no shuttle bus back to LC after rehearsal – Parents need to pick up students from LN
- Students please keep in mind that the Thursday and Friday shuttle this week will likely be late!
- The shuttle bus has to complete a regular route before returning to take our MPLT students, and often times will be delayed during the first few days of school.
- On Thursdays, students have the option of riding their regular bus home and meeting back at LC at 6:15PM in time for the 6:30PM rehearsal, or taking the shuttle directly to LC and waiting in a supervised room for the rehearsal. Meals are the student’s responsibility.
Pick Up/Drop Off Procedures:
- Please keep our students safe! When picking up your students after rehearsals, please pull into a designated parking spot. Do not park in the traffic lanes or block traffic.
- LN Color Guard members are encouraged to be dropped off at LC for the G1 guard class. There is a shuttle bus to LN after class. Alternately, they can ride the normal shuttle from LN to LC which leaves from LN door 4 at the start of the school day.
- All MPLT members are required to sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages. It is highly recommended that parents also sign up; this is the quickest way to receive timely updates!
- To sign up, text @MPLTband to 81010
Leadership Remind 101:
- MPLT Directors have a remind account set up to communicate with our leadership team and have made an effort to give students ample time to arrange for rides.
- Each time we send out a request for students to arrive early/stay late we will send out a remind message to allow them to plan for these events.
- If parents would like to sign up for this so that they receive all leadership notifications as well, then please follow these directions:
- Go to your text messages in your phone and dial 81010 in the contact section and text the following message @mplts
- If you have questions regarding this process, please don’t hesitate to reach out- we want to make sure everyone is on the same page and if there’s anything you need our door is always open!
Thank you, MPLT Directors
Student Account Payments:
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA) or suzannefelli or (317) 964-7550
- LN: Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen or (317) 964-7951
- Join MPLT for their 2nd annual Color Run on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at Lawrence Park. Save the date! This is a FUN run. Times don’t matter, but how much color you can accumulate does!
- The registration link is live through August 4! This online registration is for the public only.
- LN and LC Performing Arts students must submit a paper registration form to the LN or LC Performing Arts office in order to receive the discounted $12 registration fee. Click here to download the required form.
- All MPLT students should have turned in their Color Run registration form and payment by July 22nd. If you have not yet turned in either of these items, please do so as soon as possible.
- Join our Facebook Color Run event page.
- Students are encouraged to continue collecting donations through August 18th, this is a great way to earn money towards their band fees!
Professional Automotive Fundraiser:
- This year’s Professional Automotive fundraiser will begin Monday, August 13th. Section leaders will distribute envelopes to students after rehearsal that evening.
- All MPLT students are encouraged to participate in this year’s Professional Automotive Fundraiser; 100% of proceeds will go to the student’s account!
- Check out next week’s listserv for all of the details
- Come join us at MPLT Fan Club nights, every Thursday throughout the season!
- Families are encouraged to come and watch the band rehearse on Thursday evenings, in the LC stadium. This is a great way to meet other families and see firsthand just how hard our students work!
More volunteers are always needed from both schools for all events and committees throughout the season. How can you get involved?
- courtclardy or Sue Felli at suzannefelli with your questions and availability.
- All adults over the age of 18 must submit a Volunteer Background Check Form to their home school’s Performing Arts office
- MPLT Alumni are always encouraged to come back and help out during the season!
- Alumni should download the background check form specific to the school they graduated from.
Save the Dates:
|Thu.||8/2||Regular Season Rehearsals Begin||LC||6:30p – 9:30p|
|Sat.||8/11||Saturday Rehearsals Begin||LC||10a – 5p|
|Fri.||8/17||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LC vs HSE Football Game||Lucas Oil Stadium||11a – 11p|
|Sat.||8/18||MPLT Color Run||Lawrence Park||8a – 12p|
|Fri.||8/31||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LC vs. LN Football Game||LN||7p – 9:30p|
Regular Season Rehearsal Schedule:
|Monday||4:30p – 6:30p (Band); 6:30p – 8:30p (Guard)|
|Tuesday||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Wednesday (10/17 – 11/7)||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Thursday||6:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Game Days)||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Non-Game Days)||4:30p – 7:30p|
|Saturday (Rehearsal Days)||10a – 5p|
|Saturday (Competition Days)||All-Day (TBA)|
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools