(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
- MPLT is performing at the LC vs. HSE Football game at Lucas Oil on August 17th, and we need chaperones!
- Those interested in chaperoning this year needs to attend one of the following chaperone meetings:
- Thursday, August 9th at 8pm (in the LC Senior Cafeteria – come in through door 11)
- Saturday, August 11th at 10am (in the LC Senior Cafeteria – come in through door 11)
- All chaperones must bring a completed background check form, and Chaperone Application with them to the chaperone meeting.
- The LC band room’s Lost and Found will be emptied into LC’s primary lost and found on Friday, August 10th. There are a lot of unclaimed clothes, shoes and water bottles that were found after marching band. We will continue to remind students of this, but if you think you/your student may have left something at LC please advise them to look through it sometime this week.
- Our school district has a program that provides dinner for students participating in after school activities. Dinner consists of a protein, grain, veggie, and fruit option. Families must sign up for this program for their student to participate.
- Students who wish to participate in this program need to reply with a “thumbs up” to the remind message sent out by Ms. Trapani, or contact Mrs. Felli in the LC Performing Arts office.
- Note: It takes approximately 1 week for a student to be added to the dinner program after they have signed up. Please let us know if you’d like to participate as soon as possible!
- LN Students will pick up their meals directly from the cafeteria immediately after the bell rings, before they get on the shuttle.
- LC Students will see Mrs. Felli after school, inside of door 10 for this week only; starting August 13th, LC students will go to the cafeteria for your meals.
- The after school shuttle bus for LN students will leave from LN door 11 at 4pm for all after school rehearsals; busses will no longer pick up students outside of door 16
- Parents will always pick up from LC at the end of rehearsal – there is no return shuttle to LN.
- If rehearsals are at LN, the shuttle bus for LC students will leave from LC door 11 at 4pm
- There is no shuttle bus back to LC after rehearsal – Parents need to pick up students from LN
- On Thursdays, students have the option of riding their regular bus home and meeting back at LC at 6:15PM in time for the 6:30PM rehearsal, or taking the shuttle directly to LC and waiting in a supervised room for the rehearsal. Meals are the student’s responsibility.
- Join MPLT for their 2nd annual Color Run on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at Lawrence Park. Save the date! This is a FUN run. Times don’t matter, but how much color you can accumulate does!
- The registration link is live! This online registration is for the public only.
- LN and LC Performing Arts students must submit a paper registration form to the LN or LC Performing Arts office in order to receive the discounted $12 registration fee. Click here to download the required form.
- All MPLT students should have turned in their Color Run registration form and payment by NOW. If you have not yet turned in either of these items, please do so as soon as possible.
- Join our Facebook Color Run event page.
- Students are encouraged to continue collecting donations through August 18th, this is a great way to earn money towards their band fees!
- Note: There will be a music-only rehearsal for all MPLT students from 12p – 3p, following the Color Run
Professional Automotive Fundraiser:
- This year’s Professional Automotive fundraiser will begin next Monday, August 13th. Section leaders will distribute envelopes to students after rehearsal that evening.
- All MPLT students are encouraged to participate in this year’s Professional Automotive Fundraiser; 100% of proceeds will go to the student’s account!
- Click here for more details
- All MPLT apparel orders will be placed online this year.
- To shop and place an online order: MPLT Apparel Online Order
- The deadline for the second order is Sunday, August 19th.
Pick Up/Drop Off Procedures:
- Please keep our students safe! When picking up your students after rehearsals, please pull into a designated parking spot. Do not park in the traffic lanes or block traffic.
- LN Color Guard members are encouraged to be dropped off at LC for the G1 guard class. There is a shuttle bus to LN after class. Alternately, they can ride the normal shuttle from LN to LC which leaves from LN door 4 at the start of the school day.
- Come join us at MPLT Fan Club nights, every Thursday throughout the season!
- Families are encouraged to come and watch the band rehearse on Thursday evenings, in the LC stadium. This is a great way to meet other families and see firsthand just how hard our students work!
More volunteers are always needed from both schools for all events and committees throughout the season. How can you get involved?
- courtclardy or Sue Felli at suzannefelli with your questions and availability.
- All adults over the age of 18 must submit a Volunteer Background Check Form to their home school’s Performing Arts office
- MPLT Alumni are always encouraged to come back and help out during the season!
- Alumni should download the background check form specific to the school they graduated from.
Student Account Payments:
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA) or suzannefelli or (317) 964-7550
- LN: Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen or (317) 964-7951
- All MPLT members are required to sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages. It is highly recommended that parents also sign up; this is the quickest way to receive timely updates!
- To sign up, text @MPLTband to 81010
Leadership Remind 101:
- MPLT Directors have a remind account set up to communicate with our leadership team and have made an effort to give students ample time to arrange for rides.
- Each time we send out a request for students to arrive early/stay late we will send out a remind message to allow them to plan for these events.
- If parents would like to sign up for this so that they receive all leadership notifications as well, then please follow these directions:
- Go to your text messages in your phone and dial 81010 in the contact section and text the following message @mplts
- If you have questions regarding this process, please don’t hesitate to reach out- we want to make sure everyone is on the same page and if there’s anything you need our door is always open!
Thank you, MPLT Directors
Save the Dates:
|Sat.||8/11||Saturday Rehearsals Begin||LC||10a – 5p|
|Fri.||8/17||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LC vs HSE Football Game||Lucas Oil Stadium||4:30p – 11p|
|Sat.||8/18||MPLT Color Run||Lawrence Park||8a – 12p|
|Sat.||8/18||Rehearsal (Music Only)||LC||12p – 3p|
|Fri.||8/31||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LC vs. LN Football Game||LN||7p – 9:30p|
Regular Season Rehearsal Schedule:
|Monday||4:30p – 6:30p (Band); 6:30p – 8:30p (Guard)|
|Tuesday||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Wednesday (10/17 – 11/7)||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Thursday||6:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Game Days)||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Non-Game Days)||4:30p – 7:30p|
|Saturday (Rehearsal Days)||10a – 5p|
|Saturday (Competition Days)||All-Day (TBA)|
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools