(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Friday Night Performance:
- This Friday, August 17th, will be the first performance of the 2018 MPLT Show, “Livin’ on Royal Street”!
- See the itinerary attached to this email for more information.
- All students, staff, and parent volunteers are required to sign a Release and Waiver of Liability for this event.
- If your student did not bring this form home yesterday, there is copy of the form attached to this email. Both the student marcher and parent need to sign and return this form as soon as possible.
- Forms MUST be completed and returned to Mr. James by the end of Thursday night’s rehearsal. Anyone without a signed release on file will not be allowed on the field.
- Presale tickets may be purchased for $10 at the LC Athletic Office (inside Door 9) between 8a – 4p through Thursday, and from 8a – 2p on Friday. Tickets will also be sold throughout the week during all LC lunch blocks. $5 Presale tickets are also available for kids 12 and under.
- All presales will end at 2pm on Friday. Tickets are $13 at the door.
- Tickets are good for both the Cathedral vs. Noblesville game (start time 6pm), and the LC vs. Hamilton Southeastern game (start time 8:30pm).
- We are still in need of chaperones to help throughout the season!
- There will be another chaperone meeting this Thursday, August 16th, at 7:30pm in the LC Band room
- All chaperones must bring a completed background check form, and Chaperone Application with them to the chaperone meeting.
- Our school district has a program that provides dinner for students participating in after school activities. Dinner consists of a protein, grain, veggie, and fruit option. Families must sign up for this program for their student to participate.
- Students who wish to participate in this program need to contact Mrs. Felli in the LC Performing Arts office.
- Note: It takes approximately 1 week for a student to be added to the dinner program after they have signed up. Please let us know if you’d like to participate as soon as possible!
- LN Students will pick up their meals directly from the cafeteria immediately after the bell rings, before they get on the shuttle.
- LC Students will see Mrs. Felli after school, inside of door 10 for this week only; starting August 13th, LC students will go to the cafeteria for your meals.
- The after school shuttle bus for LN students will leave from LN door 11 at 4pm for all after school rehearsals; busses will no longer pick up students outside of door 16
- Parents will always pick up from LC at the end of rehearsal – there is no return shuttle to LN.
- If rehearsals are at LN, the shuttle bus for LC students will leave from LC door 11 at 4pm
- There is no shuttle bus back to LC after rehearsal – Parents need to pick up students from LN
- On Thursdays, students have the option of riding their regular bus home and meeting back at LC at 6:15PM in time for the 6:30PM rehearsal, or taking the shuttle directly to LC and waiting in a supervised room for the rehearsal. Meals are the student’s responsibility.
- The 2018 MPLT Color Run is this Saturday, August 18th!
- Late Registration is still available for those who wish to participate in the Color Run. Click here to register online. (Note: This registration link should not be used to register student marchers.)
- Join our Facebook Color Run event page.
- Students are encouraged to continue collecting donations through August 18th, this is a great way to earn money towards their band fees!
- Note: There will be a music-only rehearsal for all MPLT students from 12p – 3p, following the Color Run
Professional Automotive Fundraiser:
- This year’s Professional Automotive fundraiser is officially underway! Your student should come home with a packet tonight that includes an information sheet on the fundraiser, and an envelope to track donations. If your student did not receive this packet, they should see their section leader.
- All MPLT students are encouraged to participate in this year’s Professional Automotive Fundraiser; 100% of proceeds will go to the student’s account!
- Click here for more details
- All MPLT apparel orders will be placed online this year.
- To shop and place an online order: MPLT Apparel Online Order
- The deadline for the second order is this Sunday, August 19th.
Pick Up/Drop Off Procedures:
- Please keep our students safe! When picking up your students after rehearsals, please pull into a designated parking spot. Do not park in the traffic lanes or block traffic.
- LN Color Guard members are encouraged to be dropped off at LC for the G1 guard class. There is a shuttle bus to LN after class. Alternately, they can ride the normal shuttle from LN to LC which leaves from LN door 4 at the start of the school day.
- Come join us at MPLT Fan Club nights, every Thursday throughout the season!
- Families are encouraged to come and watch the band rehearse on Thursday evenings, in the LC stadium. This is a great way to meet other families and see firsthand just how hard our students work!
More volunteers are always needed from both schools for all events and committees throughout the season. How can you get involved?
- courtclardy or Sue Felli at suzannefelli with your questions and availability.
- All adults over the age of 18 must submit a Volunteer Background Check Form to their home school’s Performing Arts office
- MPLT Alumni are always encouraged to come back and help out during the season!
- Alumni should download the background check form specific to the school they graduated from.
Student Account Payments:
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA) or suzannefelli or (317) 964-7550
- LN: Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen or (317) 964-7951
- All MPLT members are required to sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages. It is highly recommended that parents also sign up; this is the quickest way to receive timely updates!
- To sign up, text @MPLTband to 81010
Leadership Remind 101:
- MPLT Directors have a remind account set up to communicate with our leadership team and have made an effort to give students ample time to arrange for rides.
- Each time we send out a request for students to arrive early/stay late we will send out a remind message to allow them to plan for these events.
- If parents would like to sign up for this so that they receive all leadership notifications as well, then please follow these directions:
- Go to your text messages in your phone and dial 81010 in the contact section and text the following message @mplts
- If you have questions regarding this process, please don’t hesitate to reach out- we want to make sure everyone is on the same page and if there’s anything you need our door is always open!
Thank you, MPLT Directors
Save the Dates:
|Sat.||8/11||Saturday Rehearsals Begin||LC||10a – 5p|
|Fri.||8/17||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LC vs HSE Football Game||Lucas Oil Stadium||4:30p – 11p|
|Sat.||8/18||MPLT Color Run||Lawrence Park||8a – 12p|
|Sat.||8/18||Rehearsal (Music Only)||LC||12p – 3p|
|Fri.||8/31||MPLT Rehearsal & Performance: LC vs. LN Football Game||LN||7p – 9:30p|
Regular Season Rehearsal Schedule:
|Monday||4:30p – 6:30p (Band); 6:30p – 8:30p (Guard)|
|Tuesday||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Wednesday (10/17 – 11/7)||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Thursday||6:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Game Days)||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Non-Game Days)||4:30p – 7:30p|
|Saturday (Rehearsal Days)||10a – 5p|
|Saturday (Competition Days)||All-Day (TBA)|
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools