(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
- MPLT will perform in the ISSMA Open Class A South Regional at 5:30 pm on Saturday, October 13th, at Center Grove High School
- Students are to report to LC for rehearsal at 7:45 am; eat breakfast before arriving, rehearsal begins at 8:00 am!
- Click here for the detailed schedule
- Rehearsals resume at LC on Wednesday, October 10th
- Rehearsals are 10:00 am – 5:00 pm from October 10th through October 12th
- Students need to bring their lunch, or have one brought to them, Wednesday through Friday
- We will resume our regular after-school rehearsal schedule starting Monday, October 15th
- There will be Wednesday rehearsals 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm, from October 17th – November 7th
- Rehearsal will be held at Lawrence North on Saturday, October 20th
- This year’s Hayride will be on Wednesday, October 10th, after rehearsal.
- Students will travel by bus to Stonycreek Farm, and return to LC at approximately 9:30 pm
- Hayride forms were due with payment on October 5th.
- If your student has not turned in their form or payment, these must be turned in at the beginning of rehearsal on Wednesday. Forms are available in the LC Performing Arts office, or on the MPLT forms page.
- Click here to sign up and make a donation or to join us as a volunteer for this year’s Hayride!
PASIC Field Trip:
- Percussionists from LN and LC will take a field trip to the Percussive Arts Society International Convention on Thursday, November 15, 2018.
- Permission slips were due with payment on October 5th. If you have not turned your form or payment, please turn them in to the LC Performing Arts office before Saturday, October 13th.
Bateman Photography Update:
- Photo pins can be picked up tomorrow, October 10th, at rehearsal
- All other picture orders will be available later this week or next week
Lost & Found
- Has your student come home with less clothes than you sent them to school with? If so, it could be in the LC Band Room Lost & Found!
- All items not picked up by Friday, October 12th will be donated to Goodwill, so please remind your student to look for any items that they may have misplaced!
Winter Percussion Show Reveal:
- The 2019 LT Winter Percussion show will be revealed on October 17th at 7:00 pm (after MPLT Rehearsal)
- Interested students AND their parents should plan to attend this informative meeting
- The final deadline to order apparel has passed.
- Those who ordered merchandise that did not meet the minimum order requirements will receive a full refund for any items not ordered.
- Watch future newsletters for notification as to when the final order will be available for pickup at LC
- “Livin on Royal Street” Show Patches are available for sale through Saturday, October 13th. Forms are available in the LC Performing Arts office, or click here.
Professional Automotive Fundraiser:
- This year’s Professional Automotive fundraiser will end on Friday, October 19th. Stock up on cards now before it’s too late!
- Extra information packets and envelopes are available in the LC and LN Performing Arts offices.
- Email Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen with questions
Senior Exploration Day:
- Seniors at LC and LN will be excused from classes on Wednesday, October 24th for Senior Exploration Day, a day designed for Seniors to visit colleges or job-shadow a potential career choice.
- MPLT Seniors are encouraged to take part in Senior Exploration Day but are expected to be at rehearsal from 4:30pm – 6:30pm that afternoon. Please plan your day accordingly.
Student Account Payments:
- All MPLT student accounts should be paid in full by October 31, 2018.
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA) or suzannefelli or (317) 964-7550
- LN: Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen or (317) 964-7951
- As we approach the last month of the season, volunteers are still needed to assist with Meal Plan, Uniforms, and Pride Bakers
- This is a great way to be part of your child’s life in a way that they will forever cherish. (Don’t let them fool you: they totally love it when you are involved.)
- Signing up to volunteer is easy! Click here to get started: http://signup.com/go/gWgyVHy
- Come join us at MPLT Fan Club nights, every Thursday from 8:30pm – 9:30pm throughout the season!
- Families are encouraged to come and watch the band rehearse in the LC stadium. This is a great way to meet other families and see firsthand just how hard our students work!
- Please note that should the weather turn severe (i.e. heavy rainfall, lightening, etc.), the marching band will be moved indoors for rehearsal. If this occurs, there will not be a Remind notice sent cancelling Fan Club night.
Save the Dates:
|Wed.||10/10||MPLT Hayride||Stonycreek Farm||6p – 11p|
|Sat.||10/13||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: ISSMA Regional||Center Grove HS||ALL DAY|
|Fri./Sat.||10/19 – 10/20||MPLT Contest: BOA Indy Super Regionals||Lucas Oil Stadium||TBD|
|Sat.||10/27||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: ISSMA Semi-State||Ben Davis HS||ALL DAY|
|Sat.||11/3||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: ISSMA State||Lucas Oil Stadium||ALL DAY|
|Thu. – Sat.||11/8 – 11/10||MPLT Contest: BOA Grand Nationals||Lucas Oil Stadium||TBD|
|Tue.||11/13||MPLT Awards Celebration||LN||TBD|
Regular Season Rehearsal Schedule:
|Monday||4:30p – 6:30p (Band); 6:30p – 8:30p (Guard)|
|Tuesday||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Wednesday (10/17 – 11/7)||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Thursday||6:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Game Days)||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Non-Game Days)||4:30p – 7:30p|
|Saturday (Rehearsal Days)||10a – 5p|
|Saturday (Competition Days)||All-Day (TBA)|
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Forward this Message to a Friend »
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools
Manage Your Subscription » or,