(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
BOA Super Regionals Information:
- MPLT will perform in the preliminary round of the BOA Indianapolis Super Regional on Friday, October 19th at 8:00pm.
- Students will be provided with dinner, as part of their MPLT Meal Plan
- PLEASE NOTE: Students will be dismissed from LN on Friday evening
- Students are to report at LN for rehearsal at 11:15am on Saturday morning. BOA Finals are Saturday evening; our performance time on Saturday will be contingent upon results from the Preliminary round.
- Students are not to leave the LN campus after rehearsal ends!
- Dinner will be provided through your MPLT Meal Plan.
- Students are not to leave the LN campus after rehearsal ends!
- Click here to see a complete itinerary of this weekend’s events
- Click here for event information from Bands of America
- Reminder: Wednesday after-school rehearsals begin tomorrow, October 17th
- Rehearsal will be held at Lawrence North on Saturday, October 20th
- On Thursday, October 18th, Seniors need to go to the LC band room between 4-5 PM to have their pictures taken for their Marching Pride Senior Posters. These posters will be put in the LC and LN band rooms and at the end of the school year, will be gifts for the Seniors
- LC Seniors need to report by 4 PM, dress in their uniform and begin right away
- LN Seniors need to report as soon as they can, dress in their uniform & have their pictures taken
- Our photographer is scheduled to be here from 4-5 PM only
- Once their picture is finished, students need to put away their uniform properly so that its ready for the performance the next day
- Make sure that Seniors bring a packed dinner with them or arrange to have someone bring them dinner that day
LC Scholastic Invitational:
LCPAA STILL IN DESPERATE NEED OF VOLUNTEERS FOR ISSMA Scholastic State Finals at LC THIS SATURDAY, October 20th
- There are a variety of Shifts available from 3:30 PM until 9 PM, from 11:30 AM until 5:15 PM, 6 AM – 11:30 AM and 5 PM until 9 PM.
- MPLT is hopefully performing in the evening, so you could volunteer for a shift during the day and watch MPLT in the evening. If you have not yet had the opportunity to volunteer for LCPAA, now is the time.
- All Lawrence Central marching band parents need to volunteer for the Invitational or ISSMA Scholastic, especially those whose children are interested in participating in Winter Percussion or Winter Guard.
- We are extremely grateful to those LN parents who volunteered at the LC Invitational, and would be very appreciative of any LN parents who could volunteer on Saturday with the Scholastic Finals!
- Please contact Jenn O’Neill at 317-374-7463
Dine to Donate at Fazolis:
- Join your fellow MPLT families for dinner at Fazolis (6450 East 82nd St) from 11am – 8pm on Monday, October 29th
- Note: You MUST RSVP for this event. This is a special Dine to Donate where MPLT will receive 20% of all sales, but we must have a minimum of 20 people RSVP that they will attend or our event will be cancelled.
- Click here to sign up and register! Registration ends Friday, October 26th
Bateman Photography Update:
- Photo pins are available for pick up now
- All other picture orders will be delivered to LC by Monday, October 22nd
Winter Percussion Show Reveal:
- The 2019 LT Winter Percussion show will be revealed on October 17th at 7:00 pm (after MPLT Rehearsal)
- Interested students AND their parents should plan to attend this informative meeting
- If you have placed an order this season and not yet picked up your merchandise, please do so ASAP
- Senior shirts will be delivered on Thursday, October 18th
Professional Automotive Fundraiser:
- This year’s Professional Automotive fundraiser will end this Friday, October 19th. Stock up on cards now before it’s too late!
- Extra information packets and envelopes are available in the LC and LN Performing Arts offices.
- Email Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen with questions
Senior Exploration Day:
- Seniors at LC and LN will be excused from classes on Wednesday, October 24th for Senior Exploration Day, a day designed for Seniors to visit colleges or job-shadow a potential career choice.
- MPLT Seniors are encouraged to take part in Senior Exploration Day but are expected to be at rehearsal from 4:30pm – 6:30pm that afternoon. Please plan your day accordingly.
Student Account Payments:
- All MPLT student accounts should be paid in full by October 31, 2018.
- All payments will be made to your home school’s booster organization:
- For LC or Belzer students, make checks payable to Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association (LCPAA) or suzannefelli or (317) 964-7550
- LN: Jen Jansen at jenniferjansen or (317) 964-7951
- As we approach the last month of the season, volunteers are still needed to assist with Meal Plan, Uniforms, and Pride Bakers
- This is a great way to be part of your child’s life in a way that they will forever cherish. (Don’t let them fool you: they totally love it when you are involved.)
- Signing up to volunteer is easy! Click here to get started: http://signup.com/go/gWgyVHy
- Come join us at MPLT Fan Club nights, every Thursday from 8:30pm – 9:30pm throughout the season!
- Families are encouraged to come and watch the band rehearse in the LC stadium. This is a great way to meet other families and see firsthand just how hard our students work!
- Please note that should the weather turn severe (i.e. heavy rainfall, lightening, etc.), the marching band will be moved indoors for rehearsal. If this occurs, there will not be a Remind notice sent cancelling Fan Club night.
Save the Dates:
|Fri./Sat.||10/19 – 10/20||MPLT Contest: BOA Indy Super Regionals||Lucas Oil Stadium||TBD|
|Sat.||10/27||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: ISSMA Semi-State||Ben Davis HS||ALL DAY|
|Sat.||11/3||MPLT Rehearsal & Contest: ISSMA State||Lucas Oil Stadium||ALL DAY|
|Thu. – Sat.||11/8 – 11/10||MPLT Contest: BOA Grand Nationals||Lucas Oil Stadium||TBD|
|Tue.||11/13||MPLT Awards Celebration||LN||TBD|
Regular Season Rehearsal Schedule:
|Monday||4:30p – 6:30p (Band); 6:30p – 8:30p (Guard)|
|Tuesday||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Wednesday (10/17 – 11/7)||4:30p – 6:30p|
|Thursday||6:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Game Days)||4:30p – 9:30p|
|Friday (Non-Game Days)||4:30p – 7:30p|
|Saturday (Rehearsal Days)||10a – 5p|
|Saturday (Competition Days)||All-Day (TBA)|
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Subscription Reminder: You’re Subscribed to: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools